Sunday, February 22, 2015

Polar Bear On Ice


This Polar Bear taking an icy bath was inspired by FushichosGallery on Etsy

The original is called Polar Bear on Ice Soap

The bear behind it was my first attempt at a clay polar bear, I wanted it to have the cartoonish feel the soap version did.   That bear was cute, but a little big if I was to put her in a bowl of ice (for a charm)

So I played around with the clay and made a tiny bear, and created a youtube tutorial for the tiny bear

The blue was the first attempt at getting him tiny, and as he is sitting on a dime to give you a size reference.   I felt that is he tiny enough, so I created the bowl, and filled it with liquid clay and glass glitter to make it look like an icy bath.

This is the very first one completed.  I am pleased with how he turned out, especially with how tiny he is.
I am not sure if I will be making them for the shop or not.  I thought the soap was so adorable, so I contacted the owner of FushichosGallery (Carol)  and asked permission to create a tutorial for a miniature clay version.  Carol was very kind, and allowed me to do it.

I know I said that I am perfectly happy with you all selling items from the tutorials I make, but if you want to sell these little guys please contact her and ask for permission.  She is allowing me to sell them if I want, but I will be posting a link to her soap, and her shop in my listing.    The last photo shows him on my index finger, so you can see how tiny he really is.  I will film a youtube tutorial for him.  Since he isn't miniature food like I usually make I didn't know if any of you would like a written tutorial as well.  Let me know if you do.   Thanks for stopping by!
XXs and OOs
Heather
 
ETA; I just finished the video tutorials :) I am working on the written tutorial now.

Here is the actual soap my little guy was inspired by. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment